Helping People Feel Connected, Engaged & Appreciated!
Social isolation and loneliness can affect health and quality of life for people of all ages, whether due to a short-term mobility issue, a long-term chronic illness, or being geographically separated from family members.
Accredited Healthcare Services offers companion care to provide emotional and social support for individuals while they continue to live in the comfort of their home. Companion care allows individuals to remain in the comfort of their own home and retain their independence longer, while decreasing feelings of loneliness or isolation.
Companion care may include:
- Providing conversation, and other intellectual stimulation or social engagement
- Identifying and securing potential fall hazards
- Transportation to and from appointments, or other errands, and social activities
- Healthy menu planning and meal preparation
- Help around the house, such as light housekeeping or laundry
- Assistance with caring for family pets